Make our voices heard
in the National Diet
1. To make the issue of women’s & human rights more visible as a political issue.
2. To increase the number of politicians in national, prefectural and municipal councils who place top priority on the
improvement of women’s & human rights.
3. To establish a legislative system to protect the human rights of women and other social minorities with unaddressed needs.
4. To reduce and eradicate gender-based violence.
5. To eradicate discrimination against sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
Our Pain is Our Power
We have come together to set up a self-supportive organization to improve the rights of women and people who suffer social discrimination and harassment. Our goal is to take the problem of social discrimination and injustice into our own hands, and to secure the political status to solve them. To solve the diverse problems in society, we believe the people who suffer social discrimination should be the key actors of the political work for social change.
We invite all individuals and organizations working for the rights of women and other social minorities to join the“Project: Japan Women’s & Human Rights Network (PJW) to work together effectively.
1. To formulate policy recommendations based on the opinions of PJW members.
2. To lobby the government to assure the implementation of our policy recommendations.
3. To draw policy agreements with the members of the National Diet and Prefectural and Municipal Councils in order to carry
out our policy recommendations.
4. To appoint and support candidates to run for the National Diet and Prefectural and Municipal Councils in order to carry out
our policy recommendations.
5. To expand the Network in order to carry out our policy recommendations.
6. To conduct leadership training of PWJ members who are committed to women`s and human rights issues.
7. To back up members of PJW who run for the National Diet, Prefectural or Municipal councils.